Have you decided to wash your laundry and noticed that the washing machine does not drain the water? Unfortunately, this is one of the most common problems. The reasons for the issue can be different. Before repairing the washing machine, you must unplug it. Do not neglect safety rules. Follow these simple tips to unclog the drain filter:
- Open the small trap door next to the drain hose connection on the back of the washer to gain access to the filter.
- Clear out any debris and wipe the filter and the surrounding area with a mild detergent. If needed, wear gloves and use vinegar or bleach to remove odors, mold and mildew. Rinse the parts completely.
- Remove the drain hose and clean it with a mild detergent. If necessary, again use vinegar or bleach to remove odors and mildew. Rinse the hose.
- Reconnect the drain hose and filter. Close the trap door.
- Plug in the washer and turn the water back on.
After, check the performance of your Kenmore washing machine by performing a test wash. Be careful when washing. If there is a leak somewhere, then some of the connection was not properly secured. In this case, correct this defect and check the operation of the washing machine again. If that doesn’t work, it is time to call a professional.